Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My first publication!

My very first short story ever written, sent in to my very first writing contest, was chosen to be included in this book of anthologies. Go me! :) It is available on amazon.com right now. I'm very excited to be part of this publication, and I can't wait to get my copy of the book!
HERE IS THE LINK.
Writing contests are great, I highly recommend them. Some charge a small fee to enter and some are free. Some give free feedback on your work and some charge for it (and some give no feedback at all). Most give cash prizes and some give opportunities to be published even if you're not a contest winner. And we all want to be published. If nothing else, it looks great on the resume! In the end, there's no reason you shouldn't enter a contest.  If nothing else, creating short stories has helped improve my overall writing process.
Here is a good site I use that lists current writing contests, their deadlines, and a link to find out more information. So now there's no excuses...send in your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment